Friday, February 12, 2010

I have recently been searching for inspiration for fashion shoots/projects. I'm particularly inspired by the abandoned buildings, the idea of past meets present and lightplay within these buildings...

During one of my many search sessions, trawling for inspiration I came across the work of photographer Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre via LaceandTea
The haunting images of abandoned buildings of Detroit, including ballrooms, schools, factories and hotels are beautiful as they are heartbreaking. To imagine the former glory of these buildings through the "splendid decaying monuments" of present is very thought provoking and inspiring. Although I'm not sure if Brisbane will have locations quite as amazing as these pictured...  But I'm sure I'll have fun finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep... *Beeeeeeep*